FutureForce® Action Network (FAN) Events are free to attend and have been developed to highlight the need to offer work based opportunities and training for local youth. FAN Events are a meeting point where employers, educators and other agencies are mobilised to:
- hear from youth and employer champions
- offer more work experience, jobs, apprenticeships, internships and cadetships to young people in the Waikato region
- network with other stakeholders i.e. educators, employers, agencies
- receive resources to assist with successful transitions for youth
- hear about best practice associated with guiding, developing and retaining youth in the locality
Youth work opportunity leads are generated and distributed to the relevant parties and a follow up FAN Activate Workshop is held to assist employers in developing successful workplace opportunities for youth and/or to facilitate youth-to-employment strategies.