Welcome to Smart Waikato
Empowering youth through education to employment pathways.
Employers & educators, register here to join FutureForce® Action Network (FAN) and access free on-line tools.
Smart Waikato is best known for FutureForce® Action Network, Secondary School Employer Partnerships (SSEP) and co-ordination of the Lion Foundation Young Enterprise Scheme (YES) in the region.
Smart Waikato is a strategic partner in FutureForce® magazine, a ground-breaking project designed to give young people the best advice about sustainable careers in the region in a youth-friendly format.
Smart Waikato's Guiding Principles
- To provide positive input into the lives of young Waikato people their whanau and communities
- To build purposeful sustainable partnerships with community, central and local government, educators and employers
- To facilitate connections to enable successful youth transitions to sustainable employment
- To recognise and respond to the specific needs of Maori and other communities
- To promote access to resources, support structures and workplace opportunities for educators, students and employers
- To help students and parents make more informed career path choices based on the current and future needs of the employment market
- To provide business with greater opportunities to access young talent
- To foster innovation, enterprise, skills enhancement and work readiness
- To inspire and celebrate the success of both youth and employers